Kurs pohađalo: (5)
Course starts: 9.05.2017. | Duration: 6 weeks (1.5 hours per day)
Web design and development are important not only for professional designers and developers, but for any individual in their work and private life. These skills are most important for those individuals running a small business.
This course will take the complete beginner from the rudiments of knowledge through to a high-intermediate knowledge of basic web development, with a focus on teaching interested parties from small businesses, who need to create and maintain their company’s web presence, who wish to run a freelance web design business, or who are simply interested in increasing their knowledge.
After completing the course, you will have learned the following:
- Making the best of your time through the use of the best tools for the job
- Valid XHMTL and HTML5 coding
- Basic and intermediate level CSS 2 and 3 coding using both standard practices as well as advanced topics such as “divless” styling through the use of CSS selectors
- PHP as a means to simplify the deployment of large sites and to customize common CMS software
- Introduction to the customization of popular CMSs, such as Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla
- Why you may wish to use a static site generator such as Jekyll
- Site security on the front-end, back-end, and the local computer
- Real world examples of how to apply all of the above in a business contex
The classes start at 17:30, the schedule could be negotiated with the teacher.
Every student should bring their own laptop for this course, the classes will be held in English. You can pay for the course 50% before it starts, and 50% when it is about to finish.